Site testing is of particular importance, as it is the only satisfactory method of proving the interface between the major plant items.
GTDS provides a complete ‘hands on’ testing and commissioning service to cater for all systems and voltage levels, including complex protection and control schemes in use on HV distribution and transmission systems.
A full range of tests are carried out, specifically tailored to any system utilising the very best, safe, modern test equipment.
- Testing and commissioning of protection and control schemes in use on HV/MV distribution and EHV transmission systems.
- High voltage AC and DC pressure testing of switchgear, busbars and cables.
- Preparation of detailed commissioning reports, risk assessments, method statements, plant test schedules, procedures and checklist documentation for use during the testing and pre-commissioning work.
- Site visits for maintenance and repairs of our customer’s integrated control and protection systems. This will involve site intervention on evenings and weekends, and may require occasional on-call status.
- Fault diagnosis and trouble-shooting.
- Replacement of cards and equipment.
- Upload / download firmware and software.
- Installation of control system database upgrades and re-testing on site.
- Assistance with the preparation of protection setting files and control system databases (under guidance).
- Assistance in the factory acceptance testing of protection and control systems before delivery to site.
- Site acceptance testing of protection and control systems.
- Modification of drawings to ‘As built’ status on completion of commissioning works.
- Customer training.
GTDS test and commissioning engineers are equipped with company owned automatic computer programmable test equipment used for secondary injection of electronic protection relays where extensive simulation of power system conditions is required.
Commissioning Engineers carry the following equipment (As standard)
- Scope meters / Multimeters
- Secondary injection set Sverker 760.
Additionally we can provide (On a per contract basis)
- Secondary injection set - Omicron CMC 156 & 256 (With advanced protection software packages)
- Primary injection set - Omicron CPC 100
- CT test equipment – Omicron CT Analyser
- HV AC / DC VLF test equipment
All test equipment is fully calibrated to traceable national standards in-line with company procedures.
Comprehensive testing of power systems is essential to ensure optimum performance and confirm that all plant and equipment will operate safely within the design parameters.